Monday, July 31, 2017

pincushions 21-31, the finale and a blog break

Well, it's the end of July and I completed another month of pincushions!!! Let's catch up, shall we?
 Day 21--simple hand embroidered hearts on "notebook" lines
Day 22--twin pincushions made from a sweet little floral print that I adore. (even if it is polyester. ha!) The tabs are made from a tape measure that would no longer retract. I love re-using things like that!
 Day 23--morning--a tiny Jacob's ladder pincushion
day 23--evening--another version of the Jacob's ladder block, but this time in red and white. I had it in my head all day long, so I had to make another one in a different color way.
 day 24--simple bias solid stripes with a tiny metallic polka dot tab
day 25--fronts--These were made from scraps that were leftover from my friend Mary's fabulous owl blocks that she was working on at retreat.
day 25--backs--the backs are quilted, too, and are made from more scraps from the same project. Don't they make a fun set?
day 26--I showed these on Friday already, but I had to include them in the line up. Fabrics are from my new collection Emma & Myrtle for Connecting Threads. :)
day 27--a simple cube pincushion, again from my new fabric line!
day 28--the front--I really didn't feel like making a pincushion on day 28, but as usual, red and white polka dots were the answer! This pincushion measures about 2 1/2" square. It's tiny!
day 28--the back. I love how the back turned out, too. I'm glad I pushed through and made something, even if I didn't feel like it. That's all part of the challenge!
 day 29--A simple design made from the leftovers of day 19
 day 30--ticker tape pincushion that uses teeny tiny Liberty scraps
day 31!!! And the last one....a happy flower block, inspired by my friend Rene's wonderful blocks. I feel like this was a fitting way to end the month!

Thank you ALL so much for your kind comments and for cheering me on as I made a pincushion (or more!) a day. I appreciate you following along on this crazy journey. It's been a lot of fun!

Here's a picture of them all together:
 There are 44 in all!!!! It wasn't easy to get them all in the frame. Ha!
 And here they are in calendar order. :)
It's been a fun month! Thanks again for all of your encouragement!

It has been my usual practice in the past few years to take a month off social media, and I've decided that August is going to be my month off this year. I'm tired and I need a break! I need to soak up the last few crazy weeks of summer with my kiddos. I also have plans to take a trip with my husband to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! (How can I be that old??) I'm looking forward to catching my breath and returning at the beginning of September.

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of this. I appreciate it more than I can say. xoxo

53 comments:

Material Girl said...

Enjoy your time off from blogging. Love all those pincushions! Thanks for sharing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your blogging break, as we will miss you. Happy 20th Anniversary!! I remember that one. IHOP after dropping the kids off at their various activities (and before having to pick them up an hour or so later.) That's been nearly 10 years ago. The time just doesn't. Slow. Down!!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

I love each and every pincushion. They are adorable. Enjoy your time off.

Christine S said...

Love your new fabric! Thanks for the great idea with the broken tape measure :) Enjoy your break!

Robby said...

We all need a break from our labors. Enjoy the time away, we'll be here. And congrats on that anniversary!

dispack said...

I love every! pincushion! Enjoy your month and family. I've said it before, I gain so much from reading your blog and seeing you inspirational sewing! You are the best!

---"Love" said...

No wonder you need a break after making all those pincushions in addition to all the other things you do! Enjoy your time off from blogging. You will be missed! ---"Love"

Jenny said...

Have a great holiday, and Happy 20th Anniversary!!! The years certainly sneak up, don't they?
We will all be happy to welcome your blog back when you return after your summer break.

Nuria said...

I love all your pincushions, I wish I Knew how to sew all of them, they are adorable!! Enjoy your holiday

Rike Busch said...

Have fun and enjoy your time!
Your pincushions are amazing!

Robin said...

Thank you for sharing and teaching. It is appreciated. You deserve a month off.
Enjoy your family while they are still at home!!! Happy Anniversary.
robinsbusiness@hotmail.com

The Cozy Quilter said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing break! Fun and adorable pin cushions!

KaHolly said...

Your pincushions are fun, fun, fun!,great job sticking to it. Enjoy your month with your family, and happy Anniversary! As the song goes, see you in September!~karen

Татьяна said...

Счастливого отдыха!Спасибо Вам.

Ptcquilter said...

Thank you for all your inspiration and bightening my day with your pincusions. Enjoy you children, your anniversary and your break.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Those pincushions! Well done!! Have a great month off and I'll be looking forward to reading your blog again in September.

Patty said...

These are wonderful. Enjoy your August.

Chris said...

I love the notebook lines! Happy anniversary, and I hope you have a wonderful break.

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! So long as you're young at heart... you're young!

The pincushions have been wonderful, and it's particularly nice to see them all together. Enjoy the break!

piecefulwendy said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time off, rest up and relax! Love those pincushions!

Cathy Melancon said...

Your pincushions are so fun and I love them all! Way to go! You deserve a break so much! Happy Anniversary and what a great milestone! My hubby and ai will get to 20 next February!!!! Enjoy!!!

Melissa Corry said...

I just loved following along with your pincushion challenge. It was so inspiring to see all of your scrappy goodness!!! Enjoy your time away and a super Happy 20th Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Your blog is always fun to read. I recently made a mini tuffet pincushion while crafting with a friend. It was a fun project and more so because we each made one. Enjoy your time off. And Happy Anniversary.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The pincushions look so wonderful together. Enjoy your break and I hope you come back renewed. And Happy Anniversary!!

pennylanequilts said...

Woohoo! Another challenge complete! Love the pincushion collection and best wishes for a relaxing vacation!

tink's mom said...

A very impressive showing for the challenge. The variety is awe inspiring. Congratulations on the new fabric line and have a wonderful August.

Marsha said...

Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a fun month off. As I looked at the pic of all the pincushions. I kept saying oooh I love that one, then oooh I love that one. Finally I just said oooh I love them all.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary and I do admire you making all of those pin cushions! I have the patience to make small blocks, but not small pin cushions. Enjoy the month off! See you in September!

Pat said...

Those pincushions are like a little bag of potato chips ... wonderful. Particularly love the Jacob's ladder. Enjoy your break.

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

I've been hoarding your first fabric line. I guess I should use it so I can buy your new fabric line. Slow down girl! lol Have a nice relaxing blog break. Enjoy time with your family because you can't get that back. Happy Anniversary do something fun. Love those pin cushions.

Catskill Quilter said...

Thank you for pincushion month! I have enjoyed reading along and hope to have my own pincushion month sometime this Fall. You are appreciated...

Tami Von Zalez said...

Amanda Jean Pincushion Queen!
Happy Happy anniversary and enjoy your month off.
We will be quilting away so we can showcase our Friday Finishes!

rstogether said...

Wow! Just amazing! Enjoy your break.

Charlotte M. said...

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your August. A busy month for many I know. I love all your pin cushions. See you in September.

Unknown said...

Love all your pin cushions! Enjoy your holiday!

Bernie Kringel said...

Happy Anniversary Amanda!! Enjoy your family time. It is so important to recharge your battery now and then. See you back here in September!!

grammajudyb said...

I will second all the wishes and the congrats on the finished pincushions. You rock. Enjoy your time away and Happy Anniversary! Twenty seems like just newlyweds to me! :)

Cherry said...

Have fun on your time off. Love the pin cushions.

Amy said...

Thanks for the July of Pincushions! It's been fun to see all the different ones. Enjoy Summer's End with your family and hubby!

Kathy H said...

Enjoy your time off. I have loved seeing all your pincushions. I hope to make a few of them myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bearpawquilter said...

Your blog is my first go to when my wifi is working. Enjoy your month off and I look forward to seeing your new collection.

Dee said...

You deserve a break.....ENJOY!

farmhousequilter8 said...

Gonna miss you in August, will automatically pull the blog up!!!! Have a good time
Paula in KY

Debbie said...

You are killing me. They are all so adorable. I want to make them all. I guess I need to issue a challenge to myself. I especially like the long skinny ones.

Anonymous said...

The pin cushions are diving, I think my favourite has to be the Jacobs ladder, enjoy the blog break and time with the kids/hubby ( congrats on the anniversary too!)

Dondi M said...

Family is everything. Enjoy every minute you can. My youngest son, age 35, almost died many times due to a fall in early June. He just started at work this week, but he really is still recovering. You just never know when your life will suddenly and very dramatically change. We have received many miracles and blessings that we can never repay. I need to thank you for all your blogs during this time that helped keep me afloat and facing forward!

janequiltsslowly said...

Such a great array of creativity! Small, but mighty. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary Marcotte said...

Enjoy your month of no blogging and try not to "work" (difficult as that can be). Sewing is not working in same way that, say, an office job or teaching or whatever, so that it can always be part of any break or vacation. :) See you in September!

Mihaela said...

Enjoy your vacation and Happy Anniversary!

mascanlon said...

Enjoy a month off from blogging! I know as a Mom and entrepreneur you won't be taking a month off, off! I love the pinnies and usually manage to make 5-6 in the month. Your blog is always inspiring. Thank you!

Lorna McMahon said...

Happiest of Anniversaries! Enjoy your time with your family and see you when you return in September. Hugs!!!

Turid said...

I really love those pincushions. Have a nice holiday, and happy celebration of your 20 years!

pingraham said...

Oh thank you for taking a break! So well deserved, and possibly, I can catch up and finish my June QAL before your return! Happy Anniversary and enjoy your final days of summer break with your kids!