Friday, April 12, 2013

many finishes

Welcome to finish it up Friday! This has been a great finish week for me! And...I don't think I started a single new project either. I've had a banner week!

Last Saturday I spent most of my free time quilting. I was able to get two charity quilts finished-in one day! That felt great.
This quilt top was done and the back was already pieced, so it came together pretty quickly. The top is made from 5" (cut) squares. 
I stippled the entire thing with pink thread and machine bound it using a bright pink polka dot. (It's hard to go wrong with either of those choices, if you ask me!) These fabrics are SO sweet! It's been too long since I made a baby girl quilt and I really enjoyed working on it.
 The backing is pieced flannel. I love this side, too! It finishes at about 40.5" x 49.5".
Heather had stippled this one and then passed it along to me so I could bind it. Machine binding made quick work of it....and I have to say, tag team quilting is a BEAUTIFUL thing.
This one has a pieced back as well. For this one we used my Easy As Pie tutorial. It's a great stash buster! Plus, it's SO quick and versatile. It finishes at 58" x 70".

And...one more finish for the week.
Yes, I realize it IS April, but I finished knitting this scarf yesterday. It's still cold and snowy here, so I even had the chance to wear it already. I used 2 skeins of worsted weight Spud and Chloe yarn. (LOVE that yarn!) The pattern is called the mistake stitch scarf. I used size 10 needles and cast on 31 stitches. I LOVE this scarf and I'm sure I will wear it a ton. Can I just say?....Hurray for AQUA!!! :)
 
Now it's your turn to share your finishes. THANK YOU for joining me for finish it up Friday! It's always a pleasure to have you join the party. Happy Friday to you!

29 comments:

Megan said...

Great finishes! That little girl quilt is just darling!! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Wow, finished in one day. I was pleased to have completed my charity top in one day and now have 4 to sandwich, quilt and bind. Maybe start to finish rather than creating all the tops would have served me better.

Frances Meredith said...

Great to fit in LOTS of finishes in a week. Thanks for hosting Finish It Up Friday!

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a beautiful scarf. And great finishes!

SuperMomNoCape said...

You've certainly had a busy week of finishes. You did great and scarf is lovely.

Glinda ♥ said...

I love the pink thread quilting - such a pretty quilt :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

fabulous quilts, I agree the pink spots are great! Love the pretty scarf!

grapes and hearts said...

Whoopie! Love your many finishes! And thanks for the linky party!

Kelli said...

Liked how you off-set the 5" squares in the 2nd quilt = very cool!

Anonymous said...

Nice scarf.
I finished one this week too and it's all ready for giving away, I've decided. Now if I could keep going I might have Christmas gifts done early. It's a thought, at least.

Turid said...

I love your pink quilt!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love all of your finishes! We are getting snow again today and more in the forecast for the weekend. I guess all we can do is keep on quilting & knitting!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a 'banner' week for you (I just wish you really did NOT have opportunity to wear that lovely scarf!!) Less snow down here (south of Winona) but still not Spring! Your quilty finishes are adorable!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Doreen

Whitney said...

wow you have been super busy . .i look at my finishes and think it's great i even got one thing done :) thanks for the linky party i love looking each week at everyone's projects!

Clair said...

You go! Isn't it nice to get something checked off a list? Incidentally, I had a start it up project on a snow day yesterday.

Julie said...

I'm loving your finishes! There's just something about the simply pieced quilts that are calling to me lately. I think I'll have to whip one of those up soon. I also like the scarf. It's still pretty cold in Iowa too and I recently made a scarf that I'm still wearing around.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Great finishes. I have just linked up my Scrap boxes - inspired by your book of course :o) hugs

Vicki said...

Isn't a blessing to sew for charity. I do it every day.

brianne said...

lovely finishes, Amanda!!

Suzanne said...

So great to see so many pretty finishes just before I crawl into bed. I had a banner week too! In fact, I used that exact expression to describe it. Yay for finishing. Double yay for sleeping with happy quilty images in my head.

Kathie said...

Congrats on the many finishes.

Roxie said...

awesome!!!!

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Geesh, good goin this week! Feels like ages since I've had my own finish... Hopefully next week!

CrazyCatLady said...

Aqua scarf is soooo pretty!

Rachel said...

Wow, super productive AND beautiful quilt and scarf! Great week!

Lisa said...

I love that scarf it is beautiful! Your quilts are always lovely!

Anonymous said...

Just read your tutorial on machine binding. I've tried it like that a couple of time with frustrated results.

A couple of days (weeks?) ago Moda Bake Shop featured quilt that was machine bound from a tutorial on SewMamaSew (6 degrees of quilting separation for sure!) I think I might give a try.

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2013/01/machine-quilt-binding-tutorial/

Unknown said...

you are amazing! and i second your "hurray for aqua"!

Suze said...

I adore the scarf. I'm searching for a pattern to make a scarf for my SIL for Christmas. Yup, I'm already starting to think about presents, homemeade ones that is. Great job! Another inspiration. Now I'm in stitches for sure.