Friday, December 28, 2012

finish it up Friday, 12/28/12

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

It's been a busy week and sewing time seems harder than ever to come by these days. Winter break is such a misnomer-especially if you have kids! (I don't sound tired at all, do I?)
Somehow I managed to eek out a mini quilt this week. It's a small version of my checkerboard quilt (from Sunday Morning Quilts). I made this as a shop sample for my LQS.
I put an envelope back on it so it can be used as a pillow cover when it's done hanging at the shop. (I like to think ahead!) It measures 20" square. The colors are a little more creamy and toned down from my normal bright palette, but I like that it's a bit different. It turns out that it looks great on either of my couches. Sweet!

How about you? Do you have a finish to share? If so, please link up and show what you've accomplished. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday!

21 comments:

Beth said...

That is such a sweet little mini/pillow!

Anna said...

I love the simplicity of that little pillow :)

Anonymous said...

It IS toned down a bit from your "go to" colors but I love it just the same. You always have great ideas!!

Valerie said...

Love the scrappy binding :-)

Rene' said...

It's so pretty Amanda! The checkerboard pattern is so versatile and looks good with any variety of fabrics. I like the idea of adding the envelope back to use for a pillow. Happy Friday!

Stacy Lindblom said...

Super cute mini-quilt and I really like that you put a pillow envelope opening on the back. Great idea!!

Victoria said...

gorgeous - missed link up last week with run upto xmas hope linking this week is ok

Abby said...

I love this pillow - great colors!

Karen said...

Love your mini quilt and that it has dual purpose! So cute. :)

Katrina said...

Love it! Such a good idea to make mini quilts double as pillow covers. I might need to do a few of these.

Dee said...

Very sweet and soft! Much like your heart! I always love it when I see you've posted something new!

Happy 2013!

Renae said...

I'm with you on the Winter "break"...it sure isn't my break. But I should survive if I just plan on getting absolutely nothing done that I would like to accomplish.

Suzanne said...

You are always thinking ahead! I love the colors and the binding that pops. Does your LQS know how lucky it is to have you as a local quilter?

Maja said...

Love the creamy colors on your pillow!
Thanks for hosting Finishing it Friday!
Happy New Year!

Kuazue Mohamad said...

soo nice..

VickiT said...

ooh that's a great little quilt. I love the colors you've used in this one.

Chase said...

cute! The scrappy binding is great! I have always love red for many reasons. Hope I will get to make my own pillow cushions. This one for sure is on my list!

Maggie said...

It's gorgeous! Well done you for finding the time! X

Michelle said...

I have no finish to share...these days I have very few finishes at all :-( But, I wanted to drop you a line and let you know how excited I am to be starting one of your Checkerboard quilts. Who ever thought I would go scrappy ;-) Seeing your mini Checkerboard is just the kick in the pants I needed to sit back down at my sewing machine and play!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Sherry said...

I love the pillow! I have several projects that I could get busy finishing, maybe by next Friday.

Mama Pea said...

Love the little pillow! What great thinking ahead. I lost that ability a few years ago. Don't know where it went. Seriously. :-/