Monday, July 12, 2010

quilt along week 6

Welcome to week 6 of the quilt along. The quilt is really coming together now. Only a few more weeks and we will have a completed quilt top! Yipee!

I'm simplifying the instructions a bit this week because it's more of the same piecing as the previous two weeks.

Make two strips 16 segments long for the sides.
Make two strips 20 segments long for the top and bottom. (Or vice versa. It really doesn't matter.)
Remember to keep in mind the invisible zig zag pattern that should form when you place your strips as discussed in last week's post. (I almost messed up this round.)
Sew the strips to the center block and press well.

Add the sashing strips that measure 40 1/2" to the top and bottom.
Add the sashing strips that measure 44 1/2" to either side.

Press well and admire your handiwork!
The quilt should measure 44 1/2" square at this point.

Feel free to add your photos to the quilt along group on flickr. There are some fun progress shots being posted. Thanks for quilting along with me!

18 comments:

collettakay said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is still looking so freakin awesome!!! I just love seeing it every time you add to it.

Linda said...

I am loving this so far!

SarDee said...

I signed up for the quilt-along but haven't had time... then, oh my goodness, I checked out the flickr group and I LOVE the quilt.... *sigh*... I am just going to have to set aside all my other projects so I can catch up and join in!! The pattern is just too gorgeous to miss out on and SO much easier when you are working on it with others (it keeps me accountable! LOL)

pratima said...

Belated Happy Birthday :)
Hope you have a fun-filled creative year full of smiles and good times! ~Hugs~
The quilt is looking sweet and lovely :)

House on Hilltop said...

It's beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

It's looking HOT CrazyMom!!!

Mengkuang berduri said...

i love to quilt too..

Wendy said...

Lookin' great! I am caught up as of today! Whoo hoo!

Terriaw said...

I am in awe watching how this is coming together. Instead of piecing rows, I love that you are putting this together from the inside out. Looks very cool!

Sandra said...

Very pretty!

carol fun said...

I love this quilt. I'm doing it in a larger size and as a charm quilt - 362 different yellows! I have my squares sewn in pairs and I'm up to the 3rd round. Can't wait to sew some more on this! Thanks for sharing this pattern!

tarabu said...

Your quilt-a-longs are brilliant - always well photographed and the directions are clear, concise and precise. The're better than what I've found in some books - thanks again for sharing your brilliance with us every week!

hook and needle said...

Thanks for the Flickr link, I had been wondering how others were doing on theirs!

Nanette Merrill said...

Nothing less than fantastic

Clair said...

It is looking good...maybe I should try it with my blue and red fabric.

Katherine said...

What a yummy looking patchwork confection!

I seem to have fallen behind with blogging and missed your birthday... sending you belated happy birthday wishes. Big hugs!

Leena Salleh said...

Hi Amanda

I just started working on this one...still at cutting...and I stumbled at when you said you saved .5 yd of b/ground fabric...do you save from 5yds or 4.5yds you purchased?

Leena