These are new bed quilts for my boys. The color scheme was inspired by these earrings.
When making these quilt tops, I had a little trouble measuring. The first time I made them, I thought something was a little off, but i couldn't put my finger on it. I put the quilts on the beds to check for size and decided to rip them apart and make them wider. When I finally re-measured the original pieces, I discovered I only cut them 55" wide instead of 65" wide. No wonder!!! So even though they look really simple, they gave me trouble, which seems typical. :)
Now that I finally got the measurements right, I am very excited. They turned out better than I had imagined. I adore the color combination. (thank you, Susan!) And without many seams, they are going to be so fun to stipple!
They each measure 68" x 90".
So I now have 4 quilt tops waiting to be finished. I'd better start making some backings. I should do that from my stash, but today, that doesn't sound appealing at all.