The top is made from all scraps and my favorite background fabric ever-Quilter's Only cotton fabric in the color parchment (purchased from JoAnn's).
I stippled it in a larger pattern than I usually do, but it still has that crinkly texture to it, which is key.
The quilt measures 67" x 74". It is a little more squarish than I originally had planned, but that's what happens when you just start sewing with a slight plan. :) Even though that wasn't the original intent, I do like the shape of it.
For the back I used an apple green polka dot. It's a tad brighter than the greens on the front, but it was the best I could do from my stash. I actually like that it isn't an exact match. I quilted it with cream thread.
Last night, when I washed this quilt, I washed it with my Christmas charm quilt and I added a shout color catcher in the wash, just in case. The charm quilt still bled. The deep red squares and the deep teal squares were the culprits. The parchment fabric that I used on the back seemed to absorb the dye, and the color catcher didn't seem to help at all. :( I was able to scrub most of the excess dye out of the back of the charm quilt...there is a slight remnant of dye on it still. There was one patch on the Christmas coin quilt that also turned half red but I scrubbed that out as well, and it seems to have faded the stain significantly. It almost makes me want to start pre-washing....except for the fact that I wouldn't have pre-washed my charms anyway, and they were the ones that bled. At least the quilts aren't ruined for good...they are just slightly imperfect now. Just like the rest of the quilts I make. :) So if you are making a Christmas charm quilt you might want to pre-wash the red and blue charms in your sink and save yourself a little heartache.