Tuesday, August 07, 2007

D is for...

Denyse Schmidt. My all time favorite quilter. I love her book, and after making a quilt modeled after one of her designs (below), I have to say that she makes it look deceptively easy.

Dressers. I would collect them if I had the space. (Well, I'd collect any kind of furniture, if I could.)

Dairy products. I love 'em all. Butter, cheese, milk, oh, my. (My dad and my brother are dairy farmers, so I need to support them.) I now live in America's Dairyland, where they hand out cheese curds and chocolate milkshakes at the parade. How wonderful is that?!

Decorating. I love it. I wish I was better at it. I can't wait to get into another house to start the process all over again. (By the way, we finally had our first house showing yesterday-after 2.5 months on the market. They liked it, but have a house to sell themselves. We have another showing tomorrow morning, too. I can't tell you how relieved I am that something is finally starting to happen on that front.)

Daughter. After having 2 sons, it is wonderful to have a girl, too. She is going to give us a run for our money, being a determined little one, but she is so special. I am looking forward to having girl time with her. She already helps me sew by pushing the auto cut button on my sewing machine.

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck with the house! It will sell! We've been through the "sell one to buy one" deal twice! It always works out!!

Helen said...

Ohhhh, cool idea for a blog meme! Do you have to do one a day? My daughter helps me sew by pulling the pins out! LOL

Linda said...

Glad to hear that things are moving forward with the house and trying to get it sold!
That is so cute, I can just imagine little A pushing that button on the machine! Good to see you are training her in early. She'll be helping you sandwich quilts and pick out fabrics before long! LOL

The Calico Cat said...

D.S. I am finally getting that pattern & Ice pops blown up at the copy shop! YAY.... I have the fabrics picked out for Ice Pops...

But I should/will/might finish the two Hop Skip & Jump quilt tops first. :o) Oh & maybe at least 1/2 dozen other "in progress" projects.

Sarah and Jack said...

Milkshakes at the parade?!?!?! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house! We are going through the same thing right now, but at the beginning. Wanting to buy, but needing to put our house on the Wisconsin market, and a little nervous about it.

lera said...

Love dairy, dressers, and MY only daughter, too! (I wish I could decorate, too.)

Natasha said...

Good luck with the showing! I know how stressful the process can be.

An auto cut button? My machine is so basic I am fascinated at what some machines can do!

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt! It's fantastic. And congratulations on the house activity.

Anonymous said...

Yay for daughters, decorating + dairy. And a big yahoo for the house activity! I hope it continues for you!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!
I also love the ABC posts but especially D because Denise is one of my all-time favorites!

Just peeked at all your quilts for 2007. Wow, you are productive and I love all of them. You've really got Denise-style nailed down.

Happy Quilting...
Stash Studios

Anina said...

Great D's. I'm sending house-selling juju your way.

Katherine said...

Great list of "D's". I love Denyse Schmidt quilts too!
Sending positive energy your way so that your house will sell soon.

Anonymous said...

That quilt makes me ache from it's beauty...sigh.

sulu-design said...

House showings! Yay! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope to hear good news soon...

Chara Michele said...

I miss cheese curds! (They have no idea what cheese curds are around here, I have never even seen any in the stores...)