Thursday, March 22, 2007

quilt blocks


Here are my first 5 of 15 quilt blocks that I made for Linda's quilt block swap. I needed a bit of an instant gratification project to work on to save my sanity, as I am still working on this. It felt like a bit of a test....other quilters are going to see the backs of my blocks. I'm a little nervous about that. Most days I have a hard time sewing a straight and consistent 1/4 inch seam. Why do you think I love improvisational piecing so much? Now, just 10 more blocks to go.
A note about the buttons...my husband asked if I had mentioned that he bought most of them for me. He bought some on eBay a few times and then he picked up several here and there on clearance a few years back. Isn't that sweet? I then hinted that it may be time for some more. ;) They sure do come in handy for those $5 coats.

9 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

love the bright colors

Roxanne said...

Cute quilt square! Very bright and springy. Wow - you've got one good husband there! Way to go Kevin!! Mine would be very confused by the concept of buying buttons.

Anina said...

Cute blocks!
Ditto on the confusedness - mine wouldn't know a button from a buttonhole either.

Amy Jo said...

Again, very cute! And my tissues have never looked cuter! I will carry my red purse for a while, just cuz it matches! Thanks!

Holly said...

Love the colors! And I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that I am not the only one who sometimes doesn't get the 1/4" seam allowance perfectly straight. :)

Linda said...

The blocks look great! Can't wait to start seeing some of the others coming in! I'm sure the backs of yours don't look any different than anyone else's! I need to get started on mine, too.

LOL, I just had a mental picture of Kevin button shopping on ebay! That's a great guy you got there!

Betsy said...

You are so busy!! Where do you find the time to get so much done? Love the bright colors. I especially love the red and white...one of my faves!!!

Natasha said...

Very pretty block, I love the colors makes me anxious for summer!

I use a magnetic seam guide to help with seams. Its a nifty little gaget.

Annie Crow said...

Good husband! Sounds a lot like mine... mine would also ask if I'd remembered to mention his contribution :)